Are You Looking for Express Entry Visa in Canada?
“You are hired!” are the three magical words one wish to hear once he/she come to Canada. And to make that possible one of the important parameter is a Canadian Work Visa. A Canadian Work permit is a permission to take a job within Canada if you are from a foreign country.
Canada is a perfect place to kick-start or boost your career with a myriad of opportunities ready to embrace you. With the jobless rate in Canada declining at a continuous rate backed up by strong opinion of Prime Minister of Canada, Canada is emerging as an ideal country to embark your professional journey
Facts that make Canada a good destination to do the job.
Canada is ranked as the second-best country in the world from a field of 60 countries based upon the parameters of overall sustainability, cultural influence, entrepreneurship, economic influence and, quality of life.
- Canada’s economy is the 14th largest, making it one of the wealthiest nations with a consistently high standard of living.
- Canada’s unemployment rates are lower than other countries.
- Canada’s tax structures aren’t the highest among nations but they aren’t the lowest either.
- Canada is a major contributor to quantum computing, medical discoveries, space science and technology.
The process to be followed to acquire Work Permit
Every year, around 100,000 temporary foreign workers enter Canada to work in jobs where there are temporary skill shortages. It comes under the ambit of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to allocate visas depending on the need for such workers and the benefit that they are expected to provide to the Canadian economy.
Gaining a Canadian work permit is a two-fold process.
- First Level- A Canadian employer must receive an approval from the Canadian government to hire foreign workers.
- Second Level- After being granted permission, the designated employees should apply for receiving a Canadian work permit .
LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) application
Keeping aside a few exceptions, Canada work permit is sought by those who have arranged some work in Canada. This includes:
- Direct employment with a Canadian employer.
- Contract employment in Canada;
- Business activities in Canada.
To initiate the process of Work Visa, the employer who decides to hire a foreign worker may need to apply for LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment). In return, a positive LMIA is issued by ESDC if they are satisfied with a fact of non-availability of any Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident to do that particular job.
A detailed Job Offer is passed on by the employer
Once the green signal is issued in the form of LMIA, it becomes vital for a Canadian employer to provide a job offer to the foreign worker. It is important for the employer to submit the following documents to a person whom the job is being offered:
- A copy of the positive LMIA.
- A detailed job offer letter.
Canada Visa Application for Work Permit
First of all, pay the fee as part of the requirements of the working visa. You can pay this fee through the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
Once you receive the above-mentioned documents, you can apply to ESDC for Work Visa.
Special note in case the employer is from Quebec- Quebec is the largest Canadian province situated in the east-central zone of Canada and is the only province in the country where the French language has dominance. Quebec has an advanced open economy.
If the Canadian employer that is hiring is in the province of Quebec, the foreign worker may also need to obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) in order to work temporarily in Quebec.
Work Permit is issued
A Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer will issue the Canada Temporary Work Permit at the point of entry when the foreign worker arrives in Canada.